Sunday, August 11, 2013

How To Have Success, Money, and Have Your Dreams Come True

I have had most of my dreams come true in life.I have learned how to have success, money, and how to have my dreams come true. It is a true saying: "Where there is a will, there is a way".

When I was in first grade my parents thought it would be nice if I learned how to play clarinet. It was

one of their dreams. Over time it became one of my dreams.

Our elementary school in Altamont, NY gave free lessons and had a school band.

I remember my first school concert. My parents, aunt and uncle, and grandmother came to watch me.

I sat there and pretended to be playing as the band played its songs.

It wasn't long before the music teacher told my parents that I would NEVER be able to play the clarinet.


He refused to waste his time trying to teach me.

Years past and I continued to work with the method book I had been given and the silver plated clarinet they make lamps out of now.

One of my dreams was to play clarinet.

I got to junior high school in Hampton, NH and decided to join the band.

My parents couldn't afford private lessons. So, I learned what I could from the band director and continued to teach myself how to play the clarinet.

I remember a concert we had at that school. I had a solo in it playing "Swan Lake".

When I went to play I couldn't get one note to come out of the clarinet.

 I think I was so scared up on that stage that my windpipe of my throat was closing or something.

I raised my hand and told the band director my clarinet wouldn't play.

He came over, took the clarinet, played up and down a variety of notes, and told me the horn was fine.

We started the song and we got to my solo. It was horrible. Squeeking, wrong notes, a total unraveling disaster of a performance.

When my parents and I headed home that night I was crying, ashamed, and saying that I would never be able to play the clarinet.

My dad looked at me and said, " You can do anything you set your mind to do."

That summer I practiced all the time and it was time to go to high school.

I got to the high school band at Winnacunnet High School, Hampton, NH.

It was the 4th best high school band in the country.

 It was directed by Stan Bednarz from the New England Conservatory of Music.

He pulled out a music chart the second week I was there called "Beguine for Band".

 It was in the key of 7 sharps and had began with a series of sixteenth note runs with the clarinets.

It was a train wreck. Stan listened to us play, or try to play, the music one by one - individually.

 When my turn came I played all the notes correct and in perfect time.

From that day on, and for the next four years, I was the first seat, first clarinet of the band. My dreams had started to come true.

Stan told me I needed to learn saxophone to play in his band and to be able to play professionally.

We still couldn't afford private lessons. So I taught myself to play saxophone too.

Four years later I graduated from high school and was traveling around Europe representing the United States for all the international band competitions and dignitary functions abroad. I was playing for presidents, kings, and queens. My dreams of playing in front of thousands at a time and traveling as a professional had come true.

I was playing with the elite US Army Band Europe.



There was one night I had 5 sax solos out of 8 songs our stage band performed at an international stage band competition.

When I finished playing my ad lib solo in "MacArthur Park", I received a standing ovation from 14,000 people for minutes.

You are never given dreams without also being given the power to make it come true.

The achievement of your goals and dreams are assured the moment you commit yourself to them.

If you have the desire, you have the power to obtain your dreams.

You can have anything you want in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it.

 It doesn't matter whether you are pursuing money, success, or personal goals and dreams.

Your dreams can come true if you pursue them.

If you have dreams and the will to achieve them, then we have the way for you to live the life of your dreams.







Remember: "Where there is a will, there is a way." That's me up front with the sax.

Never give up on your dreams. If you want them bad enough, you can have your dreams come true. I have had many achievements in my life. Many of them have been in the face of people saying it could not be done. Never allow discouragement. Your desire and determination to achieve dreams is the fuel to obtain them.

I have many of my dreams in life coming true right now. If you would like to know how I am achieving them and have the freedom in my life to write articles like this, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment